It is being reported on January 10, 2017 that Rudy Guede’s petition to review his conviction as an accomplice to the murder of Meredith Kercher has been deemed “inadmissible”by the Florence appeals court. Rudy Guede is serving a 16-year sentence for the murder of Meredith Kercher. His two former co-defendants Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were acquitted in 2015 after doubt was cast on their DNA evidence.
On September 12, 2016, Amanda Knox’s ex-boyfriend-of-seven-days decided to give a podcast interview. The show is appropriately called, The Dark Room, where it shines a favorable light on Raffaele Sollecito while keeping the public in the dark about the facts of the Meredith Kercher murder case.
In an obviously rehearsed monologue, Sollecito doesn’t seem to hear the first question before embarking on his rant. The knife-collector recounts his latest rendition of what he supposedly did the night of the murder. The problem is that Sollecito’s new alibi for his activities on the evening of November 1, 2007 contradicts what he told a judge in court back in 2007, shortly after the crime.
It is being reported on August 2, 2016 that Rudy Guede, Amanda Knox’s co-accused in the murder of Meredith Kercher, has filed a petition for a retrial. Guede’s defense team argues that his sentence is incompatible with the acquittals that Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito received for the same crime. They want to overturn his conviction.
It is being reported on June 23, 2016 that Amanda Knox‘s co-defendant, Rudy Guede, has been allowed to leave prison for 36 hours this weekend. Guede is allowed a leave from his regular prison routine on account of good behavior. This will be the first time he has been out since his arrest in 2007 when he, Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were charged with the murder of Meredith Kercher.
It is being reported on March 3, 2016 that the Constitutional Court in South Africa has rejected Oscar Pistorius’s appeal against his murder conviction. “”We can confirm that Oscar Pistorius’ leave to appeal has been denied,” National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Luvuyo Mfaku told Reuters.” The double-amputee Olympian now faces at least 15 years in jail — a new sentence will be handed down on April 18, 2016.
The trial began on June 9th and during the last hearing held in early September, was audited by Judge Giuliano Mignini (above picture). The magistrate confirmed the charges of Knox stating that the interrogation was totally free from any psychological pressure.
It is being reported in Italian news on September 21, 2015 that Amanda Knox now faces more prison time for slandering the Italian police. Amanda Knox was acquitted of murdering Merdith Kercher earlier this year, under what the Italian Supreme court described as a “strong suspicion” of culpability in their recently released reasoning report. Knox’s criminal conviction for slandering her former boss was confirmed by the ISC leaving Knox a convicted felon. Now Knox stands to be convicted of more calumny charges resulting from her statements against police detectives in court.